Translate

Monday, September 9, 2013

Thank God For Pinterest

Thank God for Pinterest.  Where would I be without it?  
This past week I finally decided to get organized with meals around my house and I found a post on Facebook that originated from Pinterest.  It was 8 freezer crockpot meals and it has saved my life!

The blog is http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com
This lady is a genius!  Why have I never thought of doing this before.

The recipes are easy and putting the meals together was, well, not that easy, it took a little bit of time, but not as much as you would think.

I took time on a Sunday and had 7 (I didn't make all 8 because I forgot to buy the pork shoulder at the market) meals in freezer bags ready for the week.




I already made, cooked, and have eaten the beef stroganoff recipe and it was delicious.  My kids wouldn't eat it, but since my son has egg allergies and I was serving it over egg noodles I didn't push making them try it.  Tonight we are eating the Honey Garlic chicken and I'll make some ore ida fries to go with it and maybe both the kiddies will eat some.  I didn't put too much garlic in it so that way it would be sweeter for the kids, here's to hoping they like it.

I also recently found a recipe for making chick-fil-a nuggets at home and if I make it at home I won't have to use peanut oil (food allergy again for my son).  I will post some more recipes and links to where I found them in another day or so.  For now, enjoy the genius blog of Mommy's Fabulous Finds.  She has so inspired me that maybe you'll see some crockpot recipes from me.

P.S.  I did see a great tip after I had made all of my freezer bags.  Put the food into the crockpot liners first and then into freezer bags, that way you just pull out the liner from the freezer bag and place the whole thing directly into your slow cooker.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment