Translate

Sunday, September 1, 2013

My son's Minecraft 8th birthday

It was recently my son's 8th birthday and I attempted to make him some Minecraft treats to eat.  Since he has food allergies I always make his birthday cake and this year I found this awesome blog http://www.cupcake-stand.com/minecraft-birthday-party
for a bunch of great ideas for a Minecraft birthday party.

First I went to this site to find Minecraft cupcake wrappers and cupcake toppers.
http://www.thepartyanimal-blog.org/Downloads/Minecraft_Cupcake_Toppers.pdf

I printed off the above referenced wrappers and toppers on just regular printer paper and then cut them out.  The toppers I glued together and inserted a toothpick to stick on top of the cupcakes.







Then I made a Pillsbury vanilla box cake mix and instead of eggs I substituted a container of Gerber baby food (apricot with mixed fruit, thanks to a tip from another food allergy Mama) frosted them with green frosting (found on sale and with a coupon from Giant, thanks to my coupon sites I follow, but I'll post those on another day). I also made chocolate rice krispie treats which look like the Minecraft bricks.  The "green grass" was made with a tip from Wilton, its tip #233


In the background in the above picture you can also see the Rolos, which represent gold.  And then we made TNT from red and chocolate licorice.  So much fun!!

I think it all turned out rather well.  I may not be able to come up with these crafty ideas, but I sure can implement them well. Thanks again to www.cupcakestand.com for the awesome ideas you helped make my boy very, very, happy :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment